Anker PowerWave 7.5 Pad with Quick Charge 3.0 Charger
by Daniel Smith
I have reviewed a lot of the “cheaper” Qi chargers - this one is not in that category. This is the first wireless charger I have reviewed that came with a power brick, which is a welcome change.
My first impressions are:
- It’s quite a bit thicker than the other Anker chargers.
- There is a built in fan - that I can just slightly hear running.
- It came with a power brick and a very legit looking micro USB cable (kudos for not including a cheap short cable.)
- I still have to be pretty precise about where I place my phone on the charger (dead center) or else it won’t charge.
- The blue light is not as apparent if it on - in contrast to the other chargers (this might be the color of the charger also not creating as much contrast.)
Overall - the quality of this product is very good. The thickness of the cable, the added fan to the mat, and the inclusion of the QC 3.0 power brick all amp up the value of this product. As with all Anker products - it feels well made - and the surface of the mat is soft to the touch.
I would highly recommend this product if you are looking for a step up from the basic charging pads on the market.
As a note - this product supports 10W charging for some Android phones - but claims to support 7.5W fast wireless charging on iPhone 8 and iPhone X (and the Plus editions.) I don’t see any easy way to determine if my iPhone 8 is “Fast Charging” - but it doesn’t seem a bit faster than the other mats I have in the house.